Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Great happenings...

The last few weeks have been quite hectic around here with summer time events and family gatherings. The rabbitry has been quite busy as well.

Esther had a single baby, which I wasn't expecting. I thought for sure I had felt 2 babies at least when I palpated her. I am not quite sure what gender he or she is. This little definitely is a squirmer. He or she is always jumping out of my hand when I hold him or her. This one has a very nice head so far.




I don't know what button on my phone got pushed to get that motion picture but he was so hard to photograph that I thought I would add it. :)
-------------------------------------------------------

Roxie had her babies this morning. She had 1 jumbo that was dead and 2 others. One sport peanut and the other was a black-banded normal baby. So I think she will end up with just one baby to care for just like Esther. There was of course bruising on the jumbo like she had to struggle to get it out. The little peanut also had some bruising. Roxie's pregnancies have all been different. She even had these 1 day early, which isn't that big of a deal, but I sure like it when you can kind of predict mamas labor and such. She sure keeps me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment